Szczecin, West Pomeranian Voivodeship | Permanent work
METRO Services PL is part of the international METRO group and provides specialized financial and accounting services for its companies, including Real and Makro Cash & Carry.
After over 7 years of operations in Szczecin, METRO Services has become the center of expertise, implementing accounting standards throughout the organization.
We implement more and more interesting projects, and our employees have more and more development opportunities.
What can you count on?
METRO Services means development in many areas - we provide, among others, training in accounting, software, soft skills and language courses for free. With us you will gain experience in business, but also broaden cultural and language horizons in an international environment. Due to continuous development, we run many projects related to the optimization and standardization of accounting processes, which involves the possibility of traveling to clients from almost all of Europe and the use of additional languages besides English, if you know them. So if you are a great team player with allergy to boredom, you have analytical and Excel skills, apply to one of our departments!
What will you do?
As part of the Accounts Receivables department, your tasks among others:
- issuing and posting of invoices, settlements of bank statements, clearing of customer accounts
- reconciliation and reporting of sales in Real and Makro Cash & Carry stores
- settlements related to store sales (payment means such as cash, credit cards, vouchers, etc.)
- preparation and confirmation of balances and reconciliation of general ledger accounts related to accounts receivable and payable processes
- bank account reconciliation
- regular processing of clients’ requests
As part of the General Accounting department, your tasks among others:
- booking transactions regarding inventories, fixed assets, taxes
- calculation and booking of deferred income and prepaid expenses
- calculation and posting of cost accruals
- calculation and accounting of write-downs
- monitoring and analyzing general ledger accounts including explanation of discrepancies/deviations
- reporting financial statements in accordance with IFRS
- Forecast reporting
- Intercompany reconciliation
- preparing reports for internal needs and for external institutions (eg audit)
- preparing tax returns
- analysis and implementation of changes in IFRS
And you'll also be able to:
- active participation in projects related to the improvement of accounting processes
- developing and implementing accounting processes and procedures
- ongoing work with the client as part of providing the highest quality services (also in other languages if you know them)
- participation in activities related to the closing of the month
- everyday work and improving your skills in SAP and Excel
- stable employment in an international corporation, which is constantly growing
- chance to expand knowledge and experience in various areas of accounting
- an extensive package of professional training (in accounting, software - SAP, soft skills and language learning)
- private medical care and group insurance, also for family members
- cash benefits as part of the Social Benefits Fund, i.e. Christmas allowance
- co-financed sports card
- a monthly salary supplement for knowing an additional language
- team and company integrations after hours
- a relocation package for people ready to move to Szczecin.